Running Walking Goal - Checking In



Really, you can achieve your New Years Goals  or so I keep telling myself.  I believe the best way to achieve goals is be accountable and keep the list in priorities. You know I had already forgotten some of the things on my list. This week's blog will be about how I am doing so far and help me stay accountable and give us both support because...



So let's see how I'm doing with Goal Number One


1) Run/Walk 1,000 miles this year

I am not doing badly on this goal - I joined the ilovetorun Gold Challenge and log my activities





So for the year I have completed 36.8 miles of 1000 mile goal. 


This Week | Month | Year
36.8






It is hard to stay focused on my running with the colder weather. Friday I had my gym bag but just wanted to stay in my now cold office all bundled up and eat - yes, I just have the desire to eat - everything. It doesn't help that one of my huge addictions is eating out and I love just about everything.

I am going to have to somehow make leaving the office at lunch and going to the gym become as fun to me as walking in the parking lot for lunch which I love.  I really do enjoy being outside and not sure how I can bring this joy to the gym but my grandma always said I could do whatever I set my head.  I did find this article on Pinterest for a maintenance plan for runners, I was surprised to see that yoga is in on the list. I did Hot Yoga a few times and really liked it (I love warmer temps anyways) but money is the reason I stopped going and that reason is still an issue

I think a series and research on motivational things I can do to stay focused on my goal will be .....well.....motivational :) 

One motivation are the results..

I never thought I would get into these cords my grandma bought me - I actually have to wear a belt..



This was me in 2011



I have to be careful though it seems like once I start to see progress I resign myself it's done and slip back into my old habits. I do receive compliments at work on the changes they can see in my weight, which is definitely motivating but I also have to remember the scale does not define how fit or healthy. I can judge by the way my clothes are fitting but most importantly how I feel not only about what I see in the mirror but do I feel good



How do you stay motivated to exercise and eat healthy? We both just have to remember, Really! You can...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 Goals

Hands Free

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams