Stay-cation

Really, you can just stay at home and be productive...

At least, that is what I usually do for my birthday week off from work. I normally pick a project that ranges from painting and decorating with last year, I decluttered the laundry room, office, and closets. I have done pretty good about keeping everything in order. I have been looking around and there are few rooms that I see need fresh paint. I normally like to peruse the "Oops Paints" at Lowes

The current rooms of interest - foyer/hallway, living room, office, my bedroom. The problem is Mr. Man only likes, yellow, grays, tans, and oranges, my current colors. My living room is currently a  Valspar color called Allspice picture below - I like it but it's been this way for about 8 years, at least.



I think I want to do something lighter - I am really in love with Wasabi - it screams fresh and clean to me - but that is definitely a no-go for Mr. Man

Behr Wasabi Powder


I kicked off the weekend with a quick 3-mile run when I got off work. Saturday after breakfast with my aunt and grandma, I got the house company clean. I did a deeper clean in the kitchen area, trying to get all the cat hair. Geez - it is everywhere. I did find a home for my wine rack my aunt got me for me Christmas. BONUS

Saturday night my friends came over and cooked chicken wings and tater tots in the air fryer and we had lots of wine and played cards. It was a great time...








Yesterday the weather was so beautiful, outside running worthy and I knew I would not have time to get to the Greenway so I did a quick 3 mile run in the neighborhood two doors down. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed that run - good mix of flat and soft hills and full sun. The only reason I had stopped running it is my road in front of my house to get there has turned into Nascar and there have been times the cars are so close if I moved my hands out slightly I could touch them. Scary.....

My daughter and her family came by and brought cheesecake (my favorite). Mr. Man ordered pizza and we had dinner and I played games with the boy. After all,  the best part - seeing the boy :)











So I had I really good birthday and the rest of the week I have plans of doing whatever I decide to do when I get out of bed.

Do you prefer to travel or stay at home when you take a vacation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams

Hands Free