Nesting - Dreams



Really, you can enjoy being shut in for the winter. Winter is not my favorite time of the year, I feel like a caged animal not being able to get outside and so I start wanting to make changes to my house or I refer to it as nesting.  I have always considered myself unique but when I really think about it I am usually in style and it seems when I start liking something, so is everyone else. Have you ever wondered how we all seem to like the same things at the same time, resulting in trends or what is in style? For instance, I am finding the older I get that I want to de-clutter my house and live simply.

Turns out the new trend for this is called hygee. I learned about this word from a blog that I follow. Another trend is the farmhouse style, which I suppose Chip and Joanna Gaines from HGTV Fixer Upper contributed to this trend greatly. So here I'm thinking I am liking vintage and next thing I know, it's a trend. I'm a modern farmhouse kind of girl and I love a lot of windows, and I swoon for sliding barn doors.

 I currently have a  70's ranch and have so many dreams of what I would like to do it. I really like brick flooring but think I might hurt myself on them


My kitchen feels dark so I would love to open the roof and put in a sky light


One thing I have noticed most of the pictures that I pin have white cabinets -while I think the white would definitely brighten the space - I worry that I could keep them nice and white - I am a messy cook. I also like exposed brick - like on this island - 


My current finances and 2017 goals of saving money are not in balance with one another so  I am not going to be able to make any changes but I can also dream and research.Dreaming and researching and planning is how I keep my sanity in the winter, I do clean out closets and and become particular about things.

A few things I would like to accomplish  are replacing my kitchen faucet and handles on my kitchen cabinets. I keep teetering on whether or not I want to paint my cabinets, I am scared of ruining them and also Mr. Man says our cabinets are crappy and not hung evenly and that painting would only point out all their flaws - <gasp> what if he is right? SHHH I would never tell him that :)


He also thinks my choice for knobs, latches are ugly, I want the vintage latches like these for my cabinets and cups for my drawers
I will most likely have to forgo the latches and get these which will be okay because I like this - I would really prefer a long bar  like my aunt has on her cabinets

I get a lot of inspiration from Pinterest, Houzz, and fellow bloggers. 

A few years ago my bathroom was my nesting target and I took the bathroom door off and have exposed shelves -




only problem is there is an unsightly unit return - I use the top of  as a shelf as picture here




I have been trying to figure out what to with it - tile it, paint, put faux doors but I am really leaning towards this peel and stick that look like distressed wood I found this 




I think this will look good with my flooring - only problem is that gap which has collected 40 years of dirt that I can't get reach. How do you think that will look?



What keeps cabin fever away or that are you are dreaming of doing? Where do you go get your inspirations?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams