1) Run/Walk 1,000 miles this year Running is my new addiction and I say running loosely, I'm more a jogger, but hey who would have thought I would become a runner at almost 46 years of age. Mind over matter :) I really prefer to be outside but I am a true southern girl and my bones cannot take the cold. So if the temp is below 50 I will either do my elliptical at home or the treadmill at the gym. I am starting to acquire some cute running clothes now that I am starting to see results. Along with the running I am hoping to lose 30 more pounds this year.
2) Be more productive with my time
- Read more books - less Facebook. I have discovered that Facebook is my addiction and I spend way too much time on this instead of doing productive things. I am going to read the bible this year from beginning to end - I received a personal planner for Christmas that facilitates this. I think I am also going to finish Left Behind and I really want to read Game of Thrones. I caught the HBO first season marathon and really liked it - it is a little racy though.
- Maintain this blog
- Cook a recipe from cookbook every payday
3) Build relationships
- Continue to get closer to God
- Avoid Gossip - respond with positive/ uplifting words
- Volunteer at Fishes and Loaves I am kinda lazy in my spiritual giving as I don't know what I'm good at. I know you should listen to the calling and sometimes God asks you to do things you are not good at it; however, I seem to be tone deaf to God's calling as I don't feel moved to do anything. I have decided though that perhaps my spiritual gift is hospitality and we had a speaker at church on this organization and I think I might be good at cooking and serving meals.
- Jaxen is my precious grandson - you will be hearing A LOT about him :) I am not exactly as good as my grandmother because I don't want to keep him every weekend (that is my running time) but I want to get him at least once a month and try to plan fun/memory making things with him. So I will be on the hunt looking for fun activities for us to do together.
- Save at least $1000 for the year after the next goals
- Replace air/heating unit - praying the emergency heat holds up until income tax time
- Mr. Man's truck needs new motor
- New windows for house
|First time picking Jaxen up from daycare - sad reason his father passed away|
|Christmas - he was so excited our first Christmas at my Aunt Cathy's beautiful home|
|Mr. Man, me, my daughter Shelley, and Jaxen|
|my beautiful daughter|
|Jaxen with his father at Jaxen's 3rd b-day in April - his father passed in June very heartbreaking|
|Visiting my father on Father's Day|
|My favorite thing to do - sit by my friend Susie fire and drink after a day of swimming|
|My friend Susie and me after a day of swimming|
|Getting caught by my boss taking a selfie while on a conference call too funny|
|Mr. Man aka Cake pushing Jaxen|
|On my daughter's porch showing off the pumpkin they carved together|
|the Greenway - one of my favorite places on Earth - after a jog/walk I jog 3 miles and walk 3 miles|
|Love Mr. Man's chicken soup|
|30 pounds down and sporting my first ever running outfit - I feel like a runner now and pleased that I do not look anything like the bad image I had in my head|
|Christmas afternoon run/jog on the Greenway it was unseasonably- warm - was in shorts and a t-shirt|