Trend Tuesday - Stitch Fix

Today's trend is online personal styling services. There are several out there and found this article that explains the concept and the top brands. I have been subscribing to Stitch Fix for over a year and I have really enjoyed it. I was getting a box every month but changed it to quarterly, due to budget. I love the flexibility in the frequency and can even start and stop them at my convenience.

It works great for me because when I'm not working, I tend to not want to leave my house. The other reason it works for me is that I want to stay current in my style and not slump into just what I like and get stuck in one era or style. I must confess I am an 80's girl at heart and while most of it is coming back...not entirely. I really like to see what my stylist picks for me and if I don't like them I can send the clothes back at no cost to me. They give me three days to decide and if you buy everything in the box you get a discount. I was able to do that in the beginning but lately - I have had to send them all back or pick one thing that I like, which is sometimes hard.

This box has this one-piece jumper, that has come back into style. I am super excited to wear it this spring and summer. I do like that they also give you ideas on how to wear the style they send you.





The only thing that I do not think I will like about this is the restroom visit; however, I see a lot of women are sporting them and I love the wide-leg look. I have put on some weight and it is still figure-flattering, which wide legs do tend to be.


Funny - seems the jumpsuit was also popular in the 80's - maybe that is why I am drawn to them.. found the below on Etsy under Vintage 80's jumpsuit. I honestly do not remember them and I never wore them.




With Stitchfix, I can either keep my stylist or ask for another one. I must say that there for a short period they were sending me the same style of dress, which I like but do not need the same knit dress in different patterns, but I control what I buy. I am not fond of getting jewelry though, but I am not really into jewelry.

Do you subscribe to any of the personal online stylings?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams