Productive with my Time - Checking In


Really, you can achieve your New Years Goals  or so I keep telling myself.  I believe the best way to achieve goals is be accountable and keep the list in priorities. You know I had already forgotten some of the things on my list. This week's blog will be about how I am doing so far and help me stay accountable and give us both support because...

For Goal number two:

2) Be more productive with my time


Well, I haven't done as well with this one. I am still on Facebook quite a bit. I haven't started any new books as I have been totally distracted  obsessed with Game of Thrones and spending a lot time binge watching - I am now in Season 6 though. This is another reason excuse of why I also didn't blog last week <embarrassed smile>. Since Mr. Man lost his job right before Christmas money is really tight and satellite was the first casualty of not enough money to go around so I will be having to fill in my time without TV, not really a big deal as HGTV was my only real addiction before Game of Thrones. I  have been reading the Bible though.

I have also done some cooking - last weekend Jaxen spent the night with me (part of my other goal) and we did some baking - My grandma's Pumpkin Roll and we made some banana bread (forgot to take pictures of us baking together, wish I had a good camera my phone camera sometimes works and sometimes doesn't)

Pumpkin Log Roll


3 eggs
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pecans ( I omit these)

Filling:

1 cup powdered sugar
6-8 oz cream cheeses
4 tsp margarine or butter
1/2 sp vanilla

Beat eggs at high speed for 5 minutes. Add pumpkin, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix dry ingredients together and fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour onto greased jelly roll or cookie sheet with small edge, (I line mine with parchment paper and spray with Pam). Sprinkle with 1 cup finely chopped pecans (I omit). Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. After removing from oven, turn directly on a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up in towel. Beat filling ingredients together. When cake cools, unroll and fill with this mixture. Re-roll.

As a child when my grandmother made this, I only liked the filling  - as an adult I like it all - Jaxen does not like icing - so surprising to me

Easy Banana Bread

3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups bananas, mashed
1 cup pecans, chopped (I omit)

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl
3. Pour batter into 2 prepared bread pans or 1 prepared bundt pan
4. Bake for 1 hour or until firm and golden brown (mine usually take 1 hour and 15 minutes)
5. Cool on wire rack for at least 15 minutes before turning bread onto tray



Mr. Man loves this banana bread and it smells wonderful baking. Jaxen, my grandson, really liked it as well. I think I need some new bread pans as the last couple of batches chunks of the bottom have stuck to my pan. I like for it to come out perfectly, ya know? I am still amazed at how combining simple ingredients can produce such wonderful things. I think that is why I really like baking, creating something from nothing, like an artist. (Closest thing I would ever get to being an artist) I think I like baking more than cooking as I don't really like to stand over anything and stir or monitor.

Overall, I'm doing okay with this goal - need to work more on reducing my Facebook time and start reading more. I found an article on Social-media-addiction which was a pretty good read and the best part was I found the website calm.com. I love meditation sounds and enjoyed playing it while I read the Bible and think I will listen to it a lot going forward. My two favorites are the Mountain Lake and Summer Meadows, they both have birds in the background which soothes my soul. I think I might do the free 7 days of calm.

What habits do you have that waste too much time that you want to get rid of? What soothes your soul?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams