Building Relationships - Checking In


Really, you can achieve your New Years Goals  or so I keep telling myself.  I believe the best way to achieve goals is be accountable and keep the list in priorities. You know I had already forgotten some of the things on my list. This week's blog will be about how I am doing so far and help me stay accountable and give us both support because...


Let's see how I'm doing with Goal #3

3) Build relationships

Still working on the gossiping - the bible is full of scriptures about gossip - Pinterest search on gossip yields a lot results - some of my favorites are below. I tend to run my mouth when I am angry and I am guilty of this more than I really like to admit. This is still a work in progress but I can tell you that when my tongue was things - my brain was asking me if this builds someone up or tears them down. I think that awareness is a good start for this goal..

This 1-minute devotion addresses the fact that we sometimes don't like other Christians but we can still love them in the Lord.:










I still haven't volunteered for Loaves and Fishes but I did make a loaf of banana bread and my favorite breakfast casserole for Room at the Inn hosted by my church - I did not get a picture but I make this every year for Christmas morning and it is a treat that I look forward to each year


Breakfast Casserole

1 lb hot sausage
1 lb regular sausage (I like Sage)

1 pkg hash browns, shredded
1 c. Cheese, Shredded (I like Cheddar)

6 eggs
2 c. milk


Crumble sausage and cook. Cook hash browns according to package (I always struggle with this part). Mix sausage, hash browns, and cheese. Spoon into greased casserole dish. Mix well eggs and milk. Pour over sausage, hash brown, and cheese mixture. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

I usually freeze left overs in individual containers and take to work for my breakfast.

Last weekend my grandson came to visit - he was all about his Posha (Posh-eeerrr) this time. He is such a gentle soul - we did some baking together, he helped me clean the glassware I had on top of my kitchen cabinets and his chair pulled up beside mine as I climbed the counters to get the glassware down to get the dust bunnies from off top of the cabinets.


Bless his heart, he got hurt a few times helping Posha, or Posheeeerrr as he now says it really country, he smashed his finger in my wooden hamper, somehow hurt his head pushing his chair, and burnt his arm on the pan. I have to get better about watching him and warning him. He is so sweet, he kept telling me that he loved me and would list people he loved and then say, and they love me. My daughter told me she tells him all the time the list of people him. I think that is a great idea and good way to reinforce love to him. He did talk about his late father and I am glad he hasn't forgotten him.




I think I am on the right track for this goal - just need to really think about what I am doing and saying. What are some of the ways you avoid gossip? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams