Butthurt

Really, you can get past  hurts and anger or butthurt  so that you do not act ugly.

Butthurt is a word I learned on Facebook, it sounds incredibly funny to me for some reason but this  word describes my New Years Eve. I almost let my anger, well, really hurt - you know, butthurt, undo all my goals for 2017. Urban Dictionary (2003) defines butthurt as, "An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor." Notice the first adjective is inappropriate so I am proud that refrained from acting ugly I didn't say anything but  l believe that it was extremely rude behavior and sent me the message that I am irrelevant but Proverbs 15:1 A soft answer turns away wrath but a harsh word stirs up anger.

I do plan to learn from the incident and ensure I do not put myself in that position again to be disappointed and hurt. I will not fuss and fight but after this happening twice I understand my role in their lives. 

I also understand that my goals are not going to be easily obtained - there are going to be tests along the way and I must put keep my goals in focus and not give up because I can do whatever I set my sights upon.
What second better way to move on:

Well one of my goals of cooking more - for the first meal of the new year - I made homemade cornbread stuffing, paired with rotisserie chicken from Krogers, and Old Glory canned collared greens with hot sauce 

I have made this recipe a quite a few years ago 

Perfect Cornbread Dressing

4 cups cornbread, cooled ( I like to use it hot from the oven)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper - I omit this because Mr Man doesn't like
2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 teaspoon sage
1/4 cup butter
1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (don't mix with water)

1. Saute vegetables in butter



2) Crumble cooked cornbread - I am always amazed that it goes from this to the end product


4) Add Sage, cooked, celery, green pepper, and onions
5). Add cream of chicken soup
6) Stir and put in oven
7) Bake on 350 until slightly thick and brown (usually 30 minutes)

I love this recipe but I must admit  I  don't really get it brown I prefer it a little softer and my family seems okay with my preference


I put hot sauce on my greens, how about you?






Voila, the first supper of 2017 - not too shabby



Mr. Man cutting up the chicken



Gizmo is waiting on his chicken too hahah



The only bad thing is that I did not manage my time wisely and did not get my 6 miles on the elliptical today as the rain kept me away from the Greenway which is the best way to purge hurts.

What did you have to eat for the new year? What good luck foods do you and your family enjoy?

Much love to you and praying this upcoming week is fab!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams