Employer Incentive Goals

Really, you can meet your fitness  goals, especially when your employer gives you incentives for lower health premiums. My company is having us use Power of Vitality and I must admit at first I wasn't happy about it. You know- something different that I don't know anything about it but thought no biggie, I work out anyways not going to really explore it...But....

As in, perhaps, growing an herb garden and re-upholstering dining room chairs?

I found I have really enjoyed using the system. I like the content, been introduced to meditation, challenges me to achieve 10,000 points (it's also replacing a lot of Facebook time)


The system gives your points for reading articles which are very interesting about weight loss, mind health, and etc. The first think was to do a vitality check, which said my Vitality Age as 55 (I'm going to 47 at the end of the month) that mad  me sad. The reasons were my weight and food choices.

One way to get points is to mediate and one of the compatible apps is Calm. I found Calm at the beginning of last year but quickly forgot about it. I get 10 points, (200 max)  (my goal is 10,000 for year end) for doing at least a 10 minute mediation. I have come to really enjoy this - I probably do not do it like you are supposed to - I am not disciplined enough to sit still and clear my mind completely; however, I am able to listen to the soothing music while I do my morning devotional or first thing in the morning.

One thing that I did not like is that my Samsung Fit 2 is not compatible but was able to order a Fit Bit courtesy of points and a rebate from my employer. I have not played with it yet because I really like my Samsung..but... I have found I usually like things after I try them...

Does your employer have healthy incentives? How do you respond to them?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams

Hands Free