Decorating for Mood Enhancement

I had been really tired and in a funk and while I started taking my vitamins and have been evaluating my exercise regime - another thing that I do to stave off depression is change my house over - I do this with each season. Last weekend, I changed my house over to spring. This change over entails changing curtains, shower curtain, comforters, and dishes.Now I use the same stuff that I rotate out but it still feels fresh and give me a sense of peace and calm. I also do some deep cleaning during the change over, I have also noticed that it takes me longer than it used to, as I am getting older. The change really does improve my mood - it is my way of battling depression without medication. Running/walking really helps this too - if I am able to get outside. I don't mind running on the treadmill occasionally - it is actually both rewarding and frustrating - rewarding that I can keep up the same pace for 30 minutes straight ( I have to only to 30 minutes as I do this on my lunch break) frustrating that I can only do 12 minutes miles and no incline - but I must remember I am sweating and getting my heart rate up and I feel soooo good afterward - numbers....pish posh.

Back to my Spring Change Over

I decided to put these orange one in the "dining room" I really think I pref white






I have noticed that a lot of design choices I have seen on HGTV are the bamboo looking Roman shades these were all on Property Brothers - I even like the white Roman Shades - I like how HGTV lets you shop the look and it appears they buy a lot at Wayfair - one Roman Shade














I am so in love with these I found on Etsy - a little pricey for my budget but envisioning them with a Big S in that spot - sigh


















and these have me drooling - still a little pricey for my budget I do so love them.















I also love sheer curtains and if you couldn't tell - I love yellow and orange and these yellow sheers make me happy in the living room




Aren't these Forsythia so pretty?



 

They look little strange with snow coming on them - we had a weird Saturday last weekend and got snow in the morning that was gone by afternoon - seems winter is not finished with us yet in Tn




Pretty and strange,uh? Done with winter....back to my Spring Change Over,

I also love this valance for Spring/Summer in my laundry room



My bedroom gets the best light in the morning and I love hanging white sheers - I love these that found at JcPenney many moons ago with vines. I hang these in my living room in the summer time - I have been thinking about repainting but I really do like this dark gray - it's actually Valspar Safari Beige I have to have neutral since I like to change my house over each season








My bathroom is a joyful place for me - even though it's small and a little outdated (it has the original yellow tub and sink and the speckled 70's tile on the walls and counter top) but I love those floors that my son put in for me and the yellow color - it starts each day with sunshine for me



That bathroom rug is a new purchase from Walmart and it feels like heaven on my feet - it is a tad too long, but did I mention it feels like heaven on my feet? Isn't the shower curtain fun? I found this years ago at a yard sale and didn't like it when I got home, so I shoved it in a closet. While I was cleaning out the closets I found it and thought, hummmm I really like it, not sure why I didn't before but I didn't have those fabulous floors before... shrug, me likey now :)




In the spare Jaxen's room - I hung up the blue sheer - it looks so refreshing coming down the hall




I am a firm believer that really, you can change your mindset and your mood with your surroundings, including people. What do you do fight the blues?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams