Warm Runner Weather - Meanwhile..

Really you can be a runner in the winter, or at least you can get fit to be strong for the best Stacey warmer runner weather...

Winter running blues - I admit I am a new runner/jogger but I really cannot fathom running in temps below 50 and especially in snow. The past week here in TN, we actually got some snow - the pics below are round two - the old wives tale was right - it was laying around a few days waiting on some friends - it's actually up to my ankles..











Not only do I not want to run in the cold but I am clumsy and I would fall and injure myself, guaranteed. So as I sat looking out the window at the snow, wearing my fuzzy housecoat, and sipping my hot tea,  I spy a runner - my eyebrows involuntarily went up and my lips formed the infamous southern saying, "Bless his heart." Then I went into admiration mode but quickly decided I did not aspire to be like them.

Not for me: 

I have been reading other blogs and some bloggers suggest to take the cold running weather as a time to work on strength training..well, it just so happens that is one my focus goals this year....

So to answer that call...

I have been jogging on the treadmill, doing my home elliptical, found a daily work out app that  gives me a pretty good workout. I am also taking the following classes at the YMCA - cycle, Barre, and a weight training class which is on Sunday (my favorite day to go the Greenway). This Sunday, the optimal running weather - I will have to give up the weight class....

I am also logging my food intake in the Myfitnesspal (I am surprised about how many calories I really did intake in a day). I think my body is finally responding - I lost 2 lbs this past week...I was so happy! I know, two whole pounds is not much, but I am seeing movement.

All the bloggers agree that you must find something you love or you won't stick with it. The treadmill does not thrill me at all and I am not really in love with the elliptical. I am loving trying the new things and that is what the YMCA offers for me. Work is starting to get in the way - people keep scheduling calls during the lunch time classes even though I have the time blocked off...Today is the Barre class and I am holding my breath no one schedules a call so I can go, this will be class number two.

But I must remain positive, flexible, and most of all focused. How do you handle the cold weather? How do you stay focused on your goals when things get in the way?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams