Happy New Year - 2018 Goals

Happy New Year - hope your celebration was fun/peaceful and safe. I am excited for a new year and new start.

As customary, I am going to set some goals for myself for 2018 - because Really you can achieve whatever you set your head! - You just have to set your head....focus....and.....go....

I am going to really focus on these goals this  year.....

Image result for productive 2018 images

Personal Goals

1) Run/Walk with strength training Running is my new addiction and I say running loosely, I'm more a jogger, but hey who would have thought I would become a runner at almost 47 years of age.  Mind over matter :) I would like to become a little faster, I'm currently doing 12/13 minute miles and I still do some walking - mainly uphill.  I seem to injure myself when I try running uphill. I have been running on the treadmill because of the cold and can't seem to run the entire 30 minutes without at least a minute walk during -  but I have gained some weight and haven't been working as hard but frustrating nonetheless. 

I really prefer to be outside but I am a true southern girl and my bones cannot take the cold. So if the temp is below 50 I will either do my elliptical at home or the treadmill at the gym. I am starting to acquire some cute running clothes and foresee continuing to build these up. I really like the compression shorts for the summer that I found at Old Navy. 

Along with the running I am hoping to lose 50 pounds this year. 

All the above is pretty much from last year, however, I felt I focused too much on cardio and my body started to complain via injuries. This year I am going to add more strength training

  • Barre at least once a week: At home and found a class at the YMCA that I can try during my lunch on Thursdays or take in a Yoga class - I did Hot Yoga once and LOVED IT
  • Cycle classes at least once a week - already incorporated the  YMCA has a class during my lunch time on Tuesday and Thursday (should work schedule conflict with the Tuesday class) 
  • Weight training videos at home
  • Running/Walking - at least 3 times a week

2)  Be more productive with my time



  • Read more books - less Facebook. I have discovered that Facebook is my addiction and I spend way too much time on this instead of doing productive things. I am going to read the bible this year from beginning to end - I think I am also going to finish Left Behind and finish reading Game of Thrones. I have a whole stack of books that I bought last year and hopefully get to reading them in 2018
  • Maintain this blog 
  • Cook or bake more in 2018


3) Build relationships
  • Continue to get closer to God - find someway to give back or contribute to God - attend church regularly
  1. Avoid Gossip - respond with positive/ uplifting words Practice the PauseImage result for practice the pause quotes 
  2. Jaxen is my precious grandson - you will be hearing A LOT about him :) I am not exactly as good as my grandmother because I don't want to keep him every weekend (that is my running time) but I want to get him at least once a month and try to plan fun/memory making things with him. So I will be on the hunt looking for fun activities for us to do together.  This should be easier as my daughter has bought a house in the same town as me and is on my way to the Greenway :)
  3. Keep opinions to myself, private thoughts private.



Financial Goals
  • Save at least $1000 for the year  
  • Need new dryer - have one on lay away at Sears
  • Need new washer
  • Have car looked at as to why heat only works when car is moving
  • Mr Man needs comfortable seating for his room
  • Need new dresser for bedroom
  • Cover deep freeze with wood
  • Mr. Man's truck needs new motor - 
  • New windows for house 
  • Have a wedding to plan for June 2018 - Hope I can pull it off...

I guess this just really sums it up below. What about you? What are you goals for the New Year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams