Grateful for...

Really, you can change your mindset to enjoy the little things.. such as sunshine, ability to be able to work out (health), gyms such as the YMCA, trackers that offer different views into your work out,  and I am very grateful to other bloggers.

Yesterday was the BEST running weather - I got to run outside YAHHHH- it was so nice to be in the sunshine and running/walking on the Greenway - got my 6 miles in and it seemed everyone else had the same thing in mind. I was grateful though that the people seemed to be spaced out so there were times when I felt like I had it to myself. I am a selfish runner and do not like to share....but what a wonderful and blissful place.

"Work out because you love your body, not because you hate it." - Inspiring Quotes for Your New Year's Resolutions - Photos

I am also grateful that my body is healthy enough to be able to work out - This past week was mostly on the elliptical, got a treadmill run in on last Sunday with the weight class, and did get a Barre class in on Thursday.

 I worked out last week :

Sunday - 30-minute treadmill 1-hour weight training class,
Monday - one hour on the elliptical,
Tuesday - 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes all over workout video -
Wednesday -  rest -
Thursday - Barre class 45 minutes, 30 minutes elliptical -
 Friday - Rest -
Saturday - Rest

Image result for ymca flyers

I really am grateful for the YMCA - I love the variety of classes, the atmosphere is family and God-oriented. I was a member of a cheaper gym but the gym goers were all bodybuilders and I felt so intimidated and out of place. When I go to the Y - the gym goers are diversified and I feel welcome and I do not feel out of place. It is also very conveniently located two doors down from my office making my lunch break workouts doable.


You may remember that mentioned that for work we are doing Vitality and my goals on the Fitbit was to work out 5 times a week - I missed it by one. The downside to the Vitality is that it is not compatible with my Samsung Fit 2 and so I had to get the Fitbit.  It was basically free with a rebate from my company and some points that I had already gained. I have discovered that the Fitbit only recorded two of my workouts - the treadmill and my third elliptical work out. It seems it did not recognize the elliptical but a co-work suggested putting it on my ankle, and that did the trick.

So while I have been pretty much begrudgingly wearing the Fitbit, as I love my Samsung and I think it should be compatible; however, I have found some features that I really like. It's small so I am able to sleep in it and it records my sleep patterns. I am not getting 8 hours of sleep like I had thought so that has been enlightening. I also discovered yesterday in my walk/run combo - it separates out my walk time and runtime - that was neat to see just how long I am running and how long I am walking. I was proud to see I'm running more than I'm walking :)

I want this for tracking swimming! Fitbit Flex 2™ Fitness Wristband























I love how my Samsung records my heart rate so I can see just how hard I am working. Honestly, I  love everything about it.


Obj Samsung Gear S2 Note5 - 3D Model



Do you have a tracker that you prefer? On Pinterest, I found an older blog from a blogger that I follow Coach Debbie on 5 things that help her running and she loves the Garmin and the Fitbit. She also mentioned RoadID which I have asked for my birthday. I think think this is a great idea and much needed.

I am so grateful to the other bloggers - I have learned a lot from them on running, fitness, and decorating. I love reading their experiences and tips and their blogs help to me focused (my 2018 word) and motivated. They also let me know some of my feelings that I experience in my running are normal and how to combat them.

What are the little things that you might take for granted that you truly are grateful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams