2018 Word

Really, You Can achieve  your goals. One way to help I found on blogger,  Crazy Running Girl,  that I follow wrote an interesting post on her 2018 goals by aligning one word as the goal. She choose balance and when reading through my goals, I summarize my word is Focus. This must be the trend for 2018, even saw on Facebook you can order a bracelet call My Intent -intent is a word that I am loving..perhaps my word should have been intention instead of focus :) (word envy)

I decided to see what my Facebook family choose: quiet, peace (a couple of people), accomplishment, happy and happiness, intention (one of my favorites), calm, faith (like this one too and a couple of people chose), serenity (ahhh), healthy,  positivity (good one even though spell check doesn't like), and exercise. 

I found it interesting to read all of them noting they were all positive. No one put anything that would be adverse to their well being whether physical or spiritual. Ever wonder why we, as God's children, do and think things that do not build us up? Worse, tear people down?

Image result for think highly of yourself


I admit I am the same way - one unkind word or criticism and I take take it all to heart, think about it for days, analyzing each little word and how I can "fix" me. I suffer from wanting everyone to like me and trying to make everyone happy. Not a great trait when you are management - very hard for me - because who really loves their boss all the time? This is part of what I am going to work on with Focus - focus on my goals and my intentions. I told you I liked that word... I read a saying a few years ago that I am still trying to completely embrace, "Their opinion of me is none of my business."

This is a very freeing statement - if you are constantly trying to please everyone and hear negative things or find out someone doesn't like you but you do not recall having done anything..well, it can be frustrating and hurtful. Focus....

What is your word for 2018?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams