Winter Retreat Reset

Really, you can slow down and find the reset button

The past four days have been quite peaceful and a much needed reset for my soul. My middle brother, Jeff, came for a short visit. So I took off Thursday and Friday and Monday was a scheduled holiday. He was supposed to be here Thursday and Friday but the threat of bad weather forced him to come Wednesday night and he left Thursday afternoon. It was a good visit even though it was short.

Below are my favorite pictures of us when we were little and one on his wedding day...






Snow is something that we do not get a lot of it always starts with ice unfortunately and shuts us down - the big joke in TN when there is a forecast of snow -  everyone runs out and buys up milk and bread and there is usually none left...

Friday I had the house to myself watching the snow fall, reading,  playing on the computer while I listened to meditation music on my TV. I found a Yoga TV app for my firestick and listening to Morning in the Forest -birds chirping and water - I lit my evergreen and orange candle my bestie, Kristine, gave me, and did an hour on the elliptical, showered and put on fresh jammies - it was a perfect day and I felt so.....at peace.

Something about snow falling that makes me giddy like a school child but got up Sat morning to this beautiful scene outside my picture window



It seems to be laying around, which means it's waiting for more (old TN wives tale)...forecast says we may get some tonight and tomorrow - wonder if I will be working from home on Tuesday  - one could only hope, as the commute to my job has become treacherous and I think each day I am going to die. I am usually mentally exhausted by the end of the week - sometimes my one hour commute one way turns into two hours because of the wrecks.. but I digress and refuse to let that impede my current state of peace.





As I have enjoyed my little reset I felt much like what my bestie describes as a Hobbit - and I have really enjoyed. Yesterday, Mr. Man and I went to the YMCA - I ran/walked on the treadmill (looked and Mr Man was on the treadmill beside me, that was a cool feeling) and then did a weight training class - I did it last Sunday and it took me all week to recover my shoulders and bat wings HURT! What a great feeling of accomplishment.

What brings you peace? Do you like piddling around the house or do you get cabin fever?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams