Surround Yourself

Welcome back from all the holidays and time off from work. I am already focused on two of my goals for 2018, to cook more and get closer to God. While I  made this in 2017 I still wanted to share for 2018.

We went out to dinner with our friends and then were invited to go to their house to play cards and asked if I could make a finger food. 



I found this slider recipe and it was really good - as a matter of fact, I had some left over for breakfast yesterday morning. :) The only thing was I could not locate any poppy seeds so I had to omit.  



Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders recipe.  Perfect for a party or a family gathering.  So easy and frugal to make!  Find out how to make them here. Perfect for a New Year's Eve Party!


I also struggle with how to cook cheaply - a lot of the recipes I find seem costly so I am learning to find recipes that I have the majority of ingredients. The above recipe I had most of the ingredients so I was able to feel pretty good about it.

I go into panic mode when I need to bring a dish because my friends are all really good cooks. Shocking that I would surround myself with foodies, no? Do you ever think about what qualities draw you to people or groups?  Both my best friends are great cooks, creative, and funny. My group is still diverse as I have many different interests. I believe that the people I surround myself with help me get closer to God. You have to surround yourself with people that love you, respect you, add diversity of interests, encourage you to be the best you, and be there when you are not you are not best to not judge but help you with the boo boos and guide you back to being a better person. Of course, the relationship should not be one sided and sometimes I feel they give more to me than I do them because I am super spoiled.

My best friend Kristine turned me on to blogs and cooking shows. I love watching cooking shows and while I typed this blog I found the perfect Mother's Day brunch which I sent to Kristine as an idea to enjoy a get together in her She Shack pictured below. She is the most creative and cool chick I know - the things that she creates...man...
 




I would also be lost without my Pit Crew - this is my group of ladies that I met at church and they are older and I love them dearly - they know my secrets and pray and guide me


and last but not least, my family - my beautiful daughter. Man, my grandma, my aunt, and my brothers



I truly believe that no matter where you are in life, really you can reinvent and create  what you want out of life, reminding yourself happiness is not about the bank account, size of house, job title. Happiness is finding ways to be a better you and it begins with surrounding yourself with people that love you, respect you, add diversity of interests, encourage you to be the best you, and be there when you are not you are not best to not judge but help you with the boo boos and  honest enough to let you know when you are wrong and guide you back to being a better person.

I think I have a great start for 2018 to be better me as I have surrounded myself this people. 2018 I am starting a new book for my morning devotional - it seems geared to young mothers but will give it a try.



Hope you have a great back to the routines day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams