Joy to 2020

Happy New Year! I decided to start the new year with things around the house that bring me joy.  Once again I was very blessed for Christmas and one of my favorite gifts is the oil diffuser. I got this from my work daughter, she is an amazing young woman that I do love like a daughter. My favorite scents so far are the Orange and the Lemon Grass. I love this picture because you can see the tree lights reflecting in the window and the picture makes me smile and gives me a sense of peace. Oh and you can see the new fancy kitchen that I love, love cooking in the background.



Another favorite work gift was the "H" cheese board with a stand. I thought it paired so good with my beloved vintage bowl that I found at my bestie's annual Flea Market trip. My aunt had given me some orange towels that really look good with the bowl. The picture is my view from sitting on the couch. Can't really describe the joy this brings.




Another source of happiness is my morning devotionals, I am always on the hunt for a new one that will speak to me. Proverbs is my favorite book in the bible and Mr. Man (my husband) bought this for me for Christmas. Jan 1 reading was really thought-provoking so I think I am really going to enjoy this.





Normally when I change the house over from Christmas I decorate with winter color scheme; however, this year I decided to start it with things that make me happy. This delightful shower curtain that I found at Pier One totally fits my personality and I love, love the colors and birds! I need to find a yellow or burnt orange rug but for now, alternate between a gray and a white bath rug.


As luck would have it, I found this fabulous quilt  at Target, again fabulous color and it, too, has birds - LOVE  JOY SMILE





I pair it with this cute pillow case that I was also found with my bestie annual Flea Market - I love these pillow cases so much that I won't put one on Mr. Man's pillow - don't want him sweating or any other way messing it up - my preciouuuusssss



I also love goats so on that same flea market trip with my bestie I found this fabulous goat, and if you can't tell from my grin, I was tickled.




Well for Christmas my bestie, found the baby version below that I named BG (Baby Goat) and think he fits nicely on my grandma's hutch.



I also received an Instant Pot for Christmas..so I went to Pinterest and found this recipe Hoppin John     a  traditional Southern Recipe - I modified it a little by doubling the garlic and I used chili diced tomatoes. It really had a kick but was really good, Mr. Man approved as a do-over. I hope it brings me good luck since I did do laundry on New Years Day  (biting nails) :)






This year I am going to work on my weight (as usual), my temperament, I am going to work on the way I react to things, really I don't want to react at all to negativity. The Dec 30 devotional reading was regarding Psalm 34:14  - Seek peace and pursue it. This will be my mantra for 2020  because I don't think you can feel joy unless you are at peace.

I have missed y'all and plan to get back into more productive things and less FaceBook. Gonna be cooking, reading, and blogging oh and saving....

How was your holidays? What is your Mantra for 2020? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams