Thanksgiving Cheer

I must say I have really been into the spirit this year. Not that I have more money to spend or even  that life is going that great. I feel an inner joy and peace - of course, I do have what my family calls "ostrich" I can hide my head in the sand and pretend things do not exist..but - shrug shoulders - the holidays make me happy.

Thanksgiving went off well - we celebrated on Friday instead of Thursday which I kinda liked because it gave me an extra day of cooking and I felt more relaxed. Only bad thing was that I stood on my feet for two days barefooted and gave myself a case of plantar fasciitis which is not helping my running (that is another post).

My menu consisted of Turkey, ham, broccoli and cheese casserole, homemade green been casserole (never made it to the table, I dropped it taking it out of oven - it was tasty the day before), mashed potatoes, roasted broccoli and grapes (we did not like), cornbread stuffing, gravy from a can (not bad), corn for the grandson (he LOVES it), pumpkin pie, buttermilk pie, cranberry punch (I liked but not a big hit). I didn't get a good picture of the turkey but I really enjoyed putting red grapes around the meat - looked so fancy and pretty




I really enjoyed cooking - I had forgotten how much I do like to cook - but I did learn a lesson - I cannot stand on my feet for two days barefooted cooking - I am still paying for it - developed plantar fasciitis. I couldn't find my pretty table cloth so I used some my favorite curtains - I love these colors - hopefully  next year this deep freeze will be covered with some cool wood to look like a cabinet :)





I don't know how to have a completely clean kitchen for my Thanksgiving photos - I even cleaned while I cooked - I hand washed so many dishes in those two day  - this is why I am in the minority and do not like an open plan - I like my kitchen to be separate from my eating area.







well, here is a little peek at how the meet and grapes looked --








HA! This picture says, "Mommy, I love you." ahahahaa







I think joy and peace are a state of mind - I believe that Really you can feel joy and peace even when life is throwing you a bunch of unpleasantness....trying to steal your joy - don't get me wrong... sometimes you just HAVE to wallow - but only for a moment...then get your head back in the game...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams