Christmas Cheer

I told you, I am all into the spirit this year. It's funny that all of my financial issues have taught me to enjoy the meaning of Christmas - we still didn't spend a whole lot of money but I was happy to look at my decorations and I thoroughly enjoyed my Christmas tree. I managed to rearrange my living room in a manner that Mr Man said couldn't be done. I am pleased with how it turned out - even removing the tree the house feels so good to me. These pics were taken while I was moving it around (you can still see the vac, broom, and dusting material) :) I moved my TV to the wall by the door - the issue is that there is not a plug and it has that built in book shelf - I had Mr Man drill a small hole at the bottom and have run the power cords into the office and using a plug in there - Voila - but it makes my living room so much more roomy - I removed the rocker recliner and put my tree in front of the window and have left this space open after removing the tree. It seems so much more spacious and it really soothes my soul to change my environment -

























it does bother me a little to have the built in bookshelf behind my TV but I can overlook right now...





Now for my Christmas decorations: It was chore trying to keep it neat due to the cats swore this was for them...








I always put out my little Santa cookie table - always brings a smile



I love how my shelf turned out - Got my Christmas decorations at At Home - my new favorite store in my home town (I am still in love with those yellow walls)





I try to mimic the open shelving and love decorating this for the seasons you can see my pink fluffy jammies in the microwave :)







Love these glasses - I always look forward to drinking out these for Christmas breakfast with my Welch's Sparkling Red Grape Juice



These are my favorite Christmas dishes - was surprised when I googled them that they are from the 80's - I thought they were vintage...



My grandma gave me these two tea pots :)








Now for my goodies:

My team at work gave me $200 cash and one of my team members have some Bath and Body lotions and a much needed laptop bag: I was super thrilled! My boss gave me some running clothes (squeal) and my fellow manager gave me the coolest sign I hung above my shelf in the dining area the next picture under my family favorites



Some of my favorite things my family gave me: My BFF gave me some wine and very nice candle :)

My aunt got me some running clothes (squeal) and  a cool wine rack that I am going to mount to my cabinet by the dish washer since the wood kinda matches my cabinets - that pic will come later

My grandma got me a new tea pot and some clothes :)

My daughter got me an apron - I have been wanting one forever..



I have also wanted a diamond cross for a long time and Mr Man spent way too much money on me and surprised me with this put on lay away get out on my bday in January - I was thrilled - it is soo beautiful



Here is my shelf again - isn't the sign above FAB! This is the wood I want to try to mimic to cover the deep freeze and make it look like a cabinet

Also pictured are my new Pioneer Woman salt and pepper shakers - that match my color perfectly - aren't they sweet?




I smile every time I go in the bathroom - this cast iron octopus brings me much joy :)






Christmas is not about the presents but I do enjoy receiving the tokens of love from my friends and family. I love giving to them as well but most of all I love my family...

Mr Man and daughter's spouse




Me and my aunt Cathy - I always wanted to be like her growing up - very classy lady




my aunt's tree with the family gifts



my grandma



Mr Man - I love him dearly - he really goes out of his way to make Christmas special



me and my daughter - she is my best friend


and of course the grandson - stole my heart from the very beginning :)






I hope you found joy this season! Really you can find some joy even through hard times - Much love to you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams