2017 Year End Review - Lack of Focus

Let's take a look at how did on my goals that set for myself for 2017:

Personal Goals

1) Run/Walk 1,000 miles this year  Running is my new addiction and I say running loosely, I'm more a jogger, but hey who would have thought I would become a runner at almost 46 years of age.  Mind over matter :) I really prefer to be outside but I am a true southern girl and my bones cannot take the cold. So if the temp is below 50 I will either do my elliptical at home or the treadmill at the gym. I am starting to acquire some cute running clothes now that I am starting to see results. Along with the running I am hoping to lose 30 more pounds this year.

I think I did pretty good on my mileage - I did maintain a pretty consistent work out schedule - even with developing runners trots, hip injury, plantar facis, and burn out. I did manage to lose 20 lbs but gained it back when I changed from 2 hr daily work outs to 1 hour and still kept eating like a horse. I also have discovered indoor cycle class at the YMCA and joined. I will keep this goal for 2018 but I need to do more than cardio to get my body in better shape to maintain my running - I want to work on my speed - I am still only able to jog 12 minute miles which everyone seems to think is really sloooowwww - I really thought I was doing something...

2)  Be more productive with my time

  • Read more books - less Facebook. I have discovered that Facebook is my addiction and I spend way too much time on this instead of doing productive things. I am going to read the bible this year from beginning to end - I received a personal planner for Christmas that facilitates this. I think I am also going to finish Left Behind and I really want to read Game of Thrones. I caught the HBO first season marathon and really liked it - it is a little racy though.
  • Maintain this blog 
  • Cook a recipe from cookbook every payday
I have't done well with this one at all - I did read one of the Game of Thrones and still working on the other one. FB is still taking up way too much of my time. I have really slacked on this blog and to be honest with the working out - kinda of got in the habit of not eating at night, well I should say, cooking at night and Mr. Man and I have really stopped buying groceries with our conflicting schedules and both of our desires to lost weight - so we eat out all weekend.

I am thinking we need to change this habit and I will keep this for next year as well
3) Build relationships

  • Continue to get closer to God
  1. Avoid Gossip - respond with positive/ uplifting words This is a work in progress - keeping this for next year
  2. Volunteer at Fishes and Loaves  I am kinda lazy in my spiritual giving as I don't know what I'm good at. I know you should listen to the calling and sometimes God asks you to do things you are not good at it; however, I seem to be tone deaf to God's calling as I don't feel moved to do anything. I have decided though that perhaps my spiritual gift is hospitality and we had a speaker at church on this organization and I think I might be good at cooking and serving meals. This never happened - I seem to have gone less and less to church as the year progressed - I really hate to leave the house on the weekends
  • Jaxen is my precious grandson - you will be hearing A LOT about him :) I am not exactly as good as my grandmother because I don't want to keep him every weekend (that is my running time) but I want to get him at least once a month and try to plan fun/memory making things with him. So I will be on the hunt looking for fun activities for us to do together. This is a work in progress as well - he developed pet allergies so he is unable to spend the night at my house but I do make an effort to ask my daughter to come by

Financial Goals


  • Save at least $1000 for the year after the next goals - Not even close
  • Replace air/heating unit - praying the emergency heat holds up until income tax time Completed and in the nick of time it has been really cold here in TN and it is working beautifully AND my electric bill has gone down
  • Mr. Man's truck needs new motor - Still a need but I need to get my car looked at - heat is not working when I warm the car up but begins blowing hot air when I start driving down the road - strange
  • New windows for house - Still a need
How did you do for you 2017 goals? I seemed to have lost focus on my goals and will start working on 2018 because I believe that you really can achieve whatever you set you mind to do...you just have to really set it and stay focused...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams