Rang the bell...

Really, you can finish one goal and mess up another at the same time... So, my daughter and I went to find me a dress - one of my goals towards my upcoming wedding. I went to David's Bridal and was taken care of like I was a queen. When you find the one, their tradition is to ring the bell and I rang the bell and actually cried.

Now, I went with the intention of getting a $99 wedding dress. I went way over my budget but it was soooo pretty AND IT HAS BUTTERFLIES... how could I resist? Isn't that back the coolest EVER?





So it was a little over budget - well, a LOT over budget but I justified it by being able to put it on layaway. I was joking with one my bridesmaid that now we aren't eating - we are just going to have cake since I ate quite a bit into my budget.  I was reassured that my back looked okay in it...

This pale pink with hints of purple and mint butterflies and some pearls - so whimsical, and so me.
My daughter is the maid of honor and this dress went perfectly with my dress and she looks beautiful in it. The middle band has the pearls in it to play off my dress. I must say I felt so amazing after our appointment.



so I pulled the money from savings to put it all on layaway - so there went my 1000 - but I'll rebuild. Getting married is not cheap and I have just started. I probably should have gotten a $99 BUT it had butterflies....<shrug shoulders> this is probably why I don't have a nest egg. Mr. Man and I have been together 20 years this month and this is my third marriage and his first. I never had a wedding before so not sure if it's appropriate for me to be going all out but well, it's what I want to do, well, really I would have been okay going to the justice of the peace but I am a settler. So far I am still in love with the dress and who knows - I entered to win a dress up to $1000 - maybe I'll get it...you never know...

Did you have a wedding? What do you wish you had done differently?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams