Cute Workout Clothes

Some girls like to wear make up and heels, but we feel prettiest in our workout gear. Show off your confidence at the gym and on the pavement with this tank from Activate Apparel. #RunningApparel


Really,  can you can look cute and sweat at the same time AND believe it or not, feeling cute is motivational. When I first embarked on my lose weight/feel healthy quest - I would go out in some comfy shorts and loose cotton t-shirts (a no-no for running). Mr. Man made the prediction that I would soon be investing in running clothes. I started researching what runners should wear with such articles as this... And then the below began to resemble me...

It's true! I wish I could wear running clothes to work.

Phase 1:
I started noticing how the other runners dressed - I really liked the cute, colorful leggings but felt I was too heavy to sport them out in public. I found with shorts that I do not like them postage stamp size and I hate when they bunch up between my thighs.

First - the shoes - Brooks Glycerin is my go to

Second - running socks - my favorite are Thorlos experia

Then...
I found running shorts at Old Navy, I think they are more like bicycle shorts,  but I love the compression and the side panel/pockets are fab. The length is perfect me as well.  The side pockets hold my keys and cell phone with no problem. I cannot figure out why any of the work out pants do not have a place for your keys.

Look like a Beauty train like a BEAST Women's workout Fitness Tank Top - X2002

Phase 2:
My second purchase was a sports bra - I even ran once in the pants and just the sports bra - it was freeing. I was a tad self-conscious but it did make me envious of men and how they can run without a shirt. I prefer sports bras with the removable pads - I am not a big chested woman but have prominent nipples and do not want them pointing at folks while I am working out. I have bought some bras at Old Navy, JCPenny, Kohls, and Amazon. If I had to pick one - the TEK gear is the most comfortable and moisture wicking. I do prefer the ones for the A cup and have some for the B cup as well - just need the padding..

The best sports bra for your body type

Phase 3:
For running pants my absolute favorite is JcPenney's Xersion brand - most of them have this cute, hidden, key pocket. I do not really have a preference on the length - warmer weather I do not wear the longer ones but still pair with a moisture-wicking tank and sports bra. Cooler weather, I top with a zip quarter pullover with the thumb holes. I initially thought they were weird but now love them - I got an Under Armour pullover for Christmas and it didn't have a thumb hole - that felt weird to me. So far I own pants in Under Armour and  Xersion. I love the tanks with cute sayings and bright pants (I like the bright bras too)

Beautiful workout clothing, the perfect inspiration for exercise! I find wearing new exercise clothing is the perfect push I need to get to my training!


I feel more like a runner in a cute outfit which makes me more mentally prepared do my run/workout without thinking/comparing myself to others. I have always believed that how you FEEL sets the stage on how will DO.  Do you agree? What are your favorite workout clothes?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams