Stolen Joy/Peace

I always try to live my life in a way that I treat people well and I especially do not like drama. Lately, it seems the universe is against me - I seem to be surrounded by people that smile in my face and then talk about me or repeat things I have said to others. Of course, my bad for talking about others, so that is a take away for me. Another take away is to not be so free with information about myself, thoughts, or personal life.

I seem have to drama with co-workers, family, finances, and the list keeps growing. I could feel myself retreating inside and simmering, almost to an explosion. This explosion would most likely happen over something trivial which would confuse everyone around me.

I felt like I was being tested, but what for, to not act like a maniac? So I kept praying, of course, my case to God always presented myself as the blameless victim but then I read Isaiah 26:3 during my morning devotional "Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace - in peace because they trust in you." I'm like wait, what? I'm not feeling very peaceful and decided to use my ole analytical brain to see why that was because after all, I always look to see what I should learn from a situation.







I also wrote a blog about being Butthurt but I feel more betrayed and alone than I do butthurt as if all the joy has been sucked out of me. My joy was stolen - but......was it stolen or did I give it away? 

So some things I have learned in my analysis:


A) People are always going to talk - it is my choice on how I react - I found the below on Pinterest - I read that and was like wow, God - I get it - it's  hard - but I get it. I also read somewhere that when someone treats me badly it's not a reflection of me but of them and how I  handle it

life lessons you will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. true power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone else can control you.


1) Need to start talking myself off the ledge and NEVER discuss my imagined or real hurts or slights with anyone other than the person that caused it. 
That is AFTER I have determined it is a big deal. For instance, is it a big deal if I wasn't included in the provided lunch when I HAD already eaten?

**This one is hard as sometimes I have the need to tell others to see if I should be upset or not or perhaps to gain allies

2) Remember that I am not perfect and that people cannot see in my head to know my intentions or how things were meant to be taken - I need to give others the same consideration

**This does not mean that I will be friends with those people that I feel do underhanded things but I WILL be courteous and treat them well - just with a long  handled spoon (hey, I'm not perfect)
3) Blogging about it helps - maybe I will blog about it or keep a journal instead of letting it leave my mouth to ears. The below card I also found on pinterest is so true - I must remember this




I must realize that my joy cannot be stolen, I have the power. So I must remember,  that really I can keep my joy - guard my thoughts, words, and actions are pleasing to God. This does not mean that I need to surround myself with those that do not want to lift me up but respond in love - I am definitely a work in progress and this is hard. How do you stay positive when you feel you are under attack?

Hope you have a great work week and remember, really, you can maintain your joy and peace amonf the chaos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams

Hands Free