But....Did I Die?

I have read several blogs where runners absolutely love running in the rain. I recently had an opportunity or should I say I really just got caught out in it and I found the experience.... well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words.....

Excuse the bathroom post -




So this particular Sunday - I had to do my 3 mile walk/3 mile jog in the afternoon - I overslept to make the Greenway and to church and my stomach was a little upset and with my experience lately with the runner trots - I was a little gun shy...I am really, really tired of the runner trots crap (no pun intended). So I'm out 2.5 miles and I hear a little thunder - no big deal - it's starting to get a little cooler with a big wind - I'm thinking this is great

Then the sprinkles...no biggie...a little rain never hurt anyone
THEN......
a freaking monsoon - with thunder and lightening (that part scared me the most)  and there wasn't anything I could do but suck it up and run through it. It was raining so hard at times that I could not even see - I'm thinking to myself - people really like this?

Once I made it to the end back to my car, I saw I was the only adventurous soul on the Greenway - yes, adventurous, and we will just keep that positive adjective :)

Upon reflecting about it - I was comfortable and I ran farther (I was trying to make up the mile I gave up to get out of the rain) and my running clothes "wicking' was amazing - my clothes did not feel heavy or yucky like "regular clothes" and it only took a day for my Brooks to dry out. I also did feel a little refreshed - or maybe it was relief that I didn't die or get struck by lightening.

The moral of my story is that while you really can run in the rain, I prefer to not to do so. I stand by my sunshine & peace

How do you feel about running in the rain or other weather elements?

I did find this article if you would like to run in the rain. The hat would have been really nice!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams