Meh - Finding Joy

My running and exercising have really hit a slump - well, who am  I kidding? My life seems to have a hit a slump - I haven't really been working out or going to church or really anything that I enjoy. My coping skills are to retreat, I want to hobbit in my house and hide from the world, and stew, and think, stew some more, and think and analyze. Work is crazy busy (translation - super stressful), got some kind of weird shoulder issue going on, and THEN something happened in my personal life that has completely consumed me with doubts, rage, and more rage. It's all I think about, all I research, and I have spent a lot of energy on this. Luckily, my best friend sits patiently and listens to the same story and points and anguish over and over and over. Then it occurred to me, what kind of woman have I become? Am I going to stay the victim and let it ruin my whole life?  Take my joy? Life is way too short for that and besides, everyone knows that you are in control of your own joy.  Right?

Joy - now that is an interesting concept. Webster (2019) defines joy as, "a feeling of great pleasure and happiness." 

So what does bring joy? People search for this all the time - mostly from external things and then there are those that say joy comes from within. One definition I found was happiness comes from external and joy from within.


Joy is a decision, a really brave one, about how you are going to respond to life. – Wess Stafford | Happy 2017! We hope that your new year is off to a great start. This year, we will choose joy and we pray that you find a lot of happiness, too.


My bestie and I were talking and she suggested that we get back to our creative outlets, such as our blogs and she got me some supplies to do some bullet journaling.

I am also committed to doing the following to see how they improve my joy

Things that I used to enjoy:

  • Blogging
  • Running/exercising ( before shoulder issues)
  • Reading
  • Church
  • Cooking/baking 
  • Grandson
  • Family
New things that I will try:

  • Counseling
  • Bullet journaling
What brings you joy? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams