Project - Office de-clutter

Really, you can both de-clutter the house and enjoy your time off, right?

I finished up my week long Stacey-cation aka the 7 days of Stacey's b-day - turned 46 this year. I didn't get everything on my list completed but got pretty close and pretty happy with results. I worked and played enjoying finding little treasures of forgotten pictures, cards, and etc along the de-clutter journey.

1) Laundry room completed here

2) Office - it took me three days to get it completed but super happy with how it turned out. I found some neat things. I didn't  do a really good job about getting before pictures (some blogger, uh?) but I did get pictures of how it looked during the process (redemption, yes?)

The desk had become the catch all - Mr. Man is the ultimate pack rat but I contributed as well - the mail was usually put here too - trying to make a conscious effort to either throw away or file as the mail comes in - how do you organize your mail and household never ending paper work?




I ended up with a  total of 8 bags for Goodwill and about 10 bags of trash - the file cabinet I purged a LOT




Found all kinds of CD's stashed in the filing cabinet





As I purged the contents, I put the empty file folders in a pile to refile as extras



More of the desk as I worked on the filing cabinet



This is only one of the drawers, but you get the gist - catch all, stuffed, and most likely not needed any longer




Here is the office put back together - it felt so much cleaner in there even though I didn't change the paint color or rearrange the furniture - but I did change the vibe for myself

The bottom drawer - I can now see what is in there...



This isn't really part of the de-clutter but I love this metal map - it belonged to Mr. Man's late mother and it is a map of the town she grew up in Germany - I think it is the coolest thing EVER






These men/tree carvings are also Mr. Man's late mother (did I mention that I am fascinated by the German culture?)  I absolutely love this wall






The desk still has Mr. Man's paperwork but I tried to make them neater - I cannot seem be able to do anything about his collections, but I'm hoping that if I can limit my stuff, his stuff will be more tolerable - I love that chest that I found at Goodwill with my bestie, Kristine, I wish I could find a better place for it - but for now this is it's home. I  think it goes pretty good with the leather desk..




I especially love clear floors...





Nice and neat desk




Some of the treasures I found was an old employee cookbook, an aware I had received in 2005, and some old pictures, my favorite is Christmas 1986, with my mother, brother, and my 6 day old newborn son




Finally finished with the office - next on the list was the office closet, the spare bedroom, the spare bedroom closet, and the hall closet.

I  wrapped up my office work up around 1 in the afternoon because the weather was amazing for y vJanuary in TN and I went to my favorite place - the Greenway - had the best run/jog this day, I felt amazing after (notice I did not say during - running for me is not about the process or during it's all about the after) LOL

jog 3.5 miles and walk 3.5 miles - practically had it to myself - perfect




How are your 2017 goals going as we go towards the end of the first month?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treadmill Running for Slow Pokes

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams

Hands Free