Decorating - Summer Change Over

Really you can take any house and turn it into something nice - at least that is what I think about my 70's ranch - I am doing everything in my power on a limited budget and I always change over for the seasons...

I have changed my house over to summer and I was so excited to go to Zulily and find the quilt I was looking at last December that was over $100 marked down to $19.99 - I snagged it and another one

Below is my December quilt want and it looks really good with my yellow curtains - I can pair this with my white sheers and my tan sheers as well (depending on the season) I am so in love with the way it looks - now the only draw back I had to buy a King instead of the needed Cal King and I noticed the difference while I was sleeping - didn't have much to go around me when I'm in my customary on-the-edge position AND I was cold - but it will help Mr Man as he says I usually have too much covers on the bed and he is always being hot but I love it anyways. I also discovered it has tiny little birds on it

Do you see them? - bonus squeal on that :)




I have another squeal moment - I finally convinced Mr  Man to paint that horrible paneling in my kitchen/dining area that I have been looking at for 11 whole years...

If you recall this is what is used to look like:






 Now this picture is really old but was a good close up of the paneling




We chose Lemon Twist from Valspar - I cannot tell you how happy I am with this color - my kitchen no longer feels dark and gloomy (I even painted my front door this color :)


I also think the color compliments my back-splash - for my accent colors I am using red, yellow, and teal mainly but of course you know I love, love orange too :)




Initially when I changed over to summer to make it brighter since the window unit took up some of the natural light, I had opted to not put curtains up.

I was also thinking about putting up a wall paper that looks like brick on this wall but I am afraid it will be too much - and  I am also loving how clean it looks right now




I also added Pioneer Woman's Flea Market cushions and place mats - perfect colors - before





I love all these colors and it just adds a little pizzazz, I don't think the pictures do it justice




This is one of my favorite spaces - I decluttered a lot too -





I bought some heavy duty magnetic hooks that I have on the side of the  fridge and they are holding that basket up with dish towels with  no issues. I also have  plans of getting some cool  pot holders like these which I think will match beautifully but I was too late they were already sold :(



























so I will be on the hunt to find something similar

here are a few that I found on Etsy

Pick a Print-Pie Recipes-Junk Food-Cupcakes-Set of 2 (8") Quilted-Handmade-Insulated-Hot Pads-Pot Holders--Made in USA by MJ

This one is like the one I was wanted but pocket and a little more pricy

Pocket Pot Holder • Red Hot Pad • Turquoise Potholder • Quilted Potholder • Oven Mitt • Vintage Pyrex & Retro Kitchen Print • Gift For Her


Keep Calm and Bake On Embroidered Pot Holder Quilted Embroidered Hot Pad Set of 2 - Hot Pad/Pot Holders Trivet Ready to Ship

Isn't this one fun? It were trimmed in turquoise it would be my favorite but green is not a color that I really have in my kitchen

Pot Holders, 50's Style Pot Holders, Micheal Miller Vintage style Fabric Pot Holders, Hot Pad, Kitschy Pot Holder, Quilted Pot Holder

This one has my color but a little plainer than I was looking for

Pot Holders/Pair/Quilted/Mats/Green and Red


I also have to be careful not to clash with my Pioneer Woman stuff but the pot holders won't be visible from the dining area
n



Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor


This area I want get a mirror that looks like a window and cover the deep freeze to look like it is a cabinet -

Image may contain: indoor

Mirror ideas - shame I was indecisive and missed out on Hobby Lobby 50% off on these - now they are a little more than I want  to pay and maybe I should make sure the woods match

I think this one below is kinda cool

9-Pane Antique Wood Wall Mirror
The one I really  wanted was at Pier 1 and really out of my budget - they have it in yellow too but I think this color is perfect



 or I could do this style found on Amazon

Window Frame Wall Mirror - Pack of 2


My brother said he could make me a sleeve for the deep freeze made out of pallets -


something like one of the below found on Pinterest is what I have envisioned

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « creative ways to hide a chest freezer »


Diy kitchen island made from pallet wood


Kitchen Island floor freezer. This is a fun DIY project I started. I had a huge floor freezer as well as I needed a new kitchen table or kitchen island. so I decided to combine the two, save some space and have a fun new project. This is what came out. I Will post a tutorial on how to do this if people find they want to as well. Enjoy


So these are all my ideas - what do you think? Any suggestions? What are you working on?



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treadmill Running for Slow Pokes

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams

Hands Free