Consumed - House Renovations/Decorating

Wow, it's been awhile since we last spoke  - man time flies!

When I'm not thinking of running clothes - I'm looking around my house fantasizing about what I want to do the house

I really hate how dark my kitchen is and the wood paneling. I also wish I had a separate dining area. I have also toyed with the idea of removing the wall between the living and the kitchen (I am pretty sure it's load bearing) and how spacious it would look if I took out the ceiling and used the attic space for the ceiling, creating vaulted ceilings. Then I think about the new windows that the house needs and changing the builder grade doors to some better quality. I also wish there were a second bathroom in the house, it is amazing how two people in one house seem to need to occupy the same room at the exact same time.

My dream kitchen consists of lots of windows like this:

#kitchen #cottage kitchen  Let there be (sky)light! I spend a lot of time in the kitchen, even at the cottage so I may as well harness the natural light and capitalize on the views!  "Contemporary kitchen in white opens up towards the view outside".:

but the style above is not really mine - I'm kinda  a modern farmhouse

I think I could easily do the below but I have to admit - which is way out of style - but, I prefer closed concept - I like the rooms in their own compartment but letting in more light would make me change my mind or sacrifice I should say -






I love wood floors but I have always wanted brick flooring

Brick floor - love - Smythe Park Home in Daniel Island, SC by JacksonBuilt Custom Homes:


I seem to really be drawn to teal this year - I have been  thinking of painting the kitchen
this color and I really like this chair  for my living room.  I worry this  color be too much for all over color but I'm thinking a cool  accent color.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands Free

2017 Goals

Pick Me Ups - Kitchen Dreams